September 24th, 2010
Have you had a chance to enter the Geller Orthodontics Super Bowl Trivia Contest? Drs. Geller and Cohen, serving Plano and Dallas, Texas, strive to provide each and every one of our patients with the very highest level of orthodontic and personal care in a communicative and enjoyable environment. Our team works together with you and your family to help you achieve that beautiful smile you deserve. To keep that team spirit alive at our office, we are currently hosting a Super Bowl Triva Contest. The winner will receive four tickets to a Dallas Cowboys game! To enter, visit our Geller Orthodontics contest board for Super Bowl trivia questions.
The Dallas Cowboys game is Sunday, Nov. 12, 2010, so don't miss your chance to win tickets! As always, feel free to give us a call if you have any questions or if you would like to schedule your appointment at Geller Orthodontics.
July 29th, 2010
Who loves fun facts? Most people. Who loves orthodontic facts? Everyone we know. Our pals at the American Association of Orthodontists have come up with some fun facts about orthodontics that Drs. Geller & Cohen and our staff thought you might enjoy. Have a terrific rest of the week, and we hope you're enjoying your summer so far!
• There are nearly 4 million people in orthodontic treatment throughout the United States. Three out of four are younger than 18.
• The first mechanical treatment for correcting irregular teeth was suggested by Gaius Plinius Secundus (A.D 23-79).The American Association of Orthodontists is comprised of more than 12,000 members in the United States, Canada and abroad.
• The time required to complete orthodontic treatment ranges from 12 to 36 months depending on the nature and severity of the problem.
• Of the 160,000 dentists in the United States and Canada, 8,000 are practicing orthodontists.
• The cement that attaches the braces to the teeth is now made with a special fluoride-releasing substance.
• Wires activated by body heat used in today's braces originally were developed by NASA for use in the space program.
• Famous orthodontic patients include: Dr. Joyce Brothers, Hale Irwin, Cher, Diana Ross, Phyllis Diller, Chelsea Clinton, Whoopi Goldberg, Daisy Fuentes and Brandi.
July 20th, 2010
Ever thought about sharing your experience in braces in writing? Well, thanks to our friends at the American Association of Orthodontists, here's your chance! The AAO is proud to offer the Braces Brigade campaign, where you can blog about your experience in orthodontic treatment with millions of people and come away with a $100 American Express gift card!
All applicants must either be an orthodontic patient here at Geller Orthodontics or the parent of a patient (pre- and post- treatment stages are fine).
To complete your Braces Brigade application, you'll need to provide:
* Age – Must be 14 years of age or older
* Phone number
* Stage of orthodontic treatment
* A photo of your braces/smile
* A sample blog post – picture yourself as a member of Braces Brigade and show off those blogging skills! (100-word minimum)
In your blog, we encourage you to answer the following questions:
• Why did you decide to get orthodontic treatment at Geller Orthodontics?
• What advice would you share with other orthodontic patients?
• What does it feel like to get braces on?
• What foods do you miss the most?
• What new foods have you discovered?
• Do your friends have braces or retainers?
• Where is the first place you’re going to show off your new, beautiful smile?
• How has your new smile changed your life?
If you happen to be under 18, your parents must fill out this form along with your official entry, giving you permission to enter the contest.
We encourage you to apply today! GOOD LUCK everyone!!